Light finishing operation that increases a diameter or corrects axiality and concentricity of holes created in the thermoplastic articles. Orbital boring and CNC boring of external, internal and frontal profiles. Creation of customized profiles.
Boring is generally meant as a light finishing operation, since it corrects the diameter, the axiality and the concentricity of holes previously created during the moulding phase.
Boring is carried out when it is necessary to increase a hole and modify its axiality and concentricity. It is characterized by a high precision: the boring tools progressively proceed until the requested diameter is obtained. Boring can be used also to obtain the seats of the contrast metal rings that will be inserted in a later moment.
A boring tool can move in both conventional way and climb way to the direction of the material.
TOOL ADVANCEMENT WITH CONVENTIONAL BORING
- the boring tool moves against the direction of the material
- the chip thickness starts at zero thickness, and increases up to the maximum
- the material gets deformed and the tool blades quickly dull
- recommended for the boring of soft thermoplastics
- boring obtained with a single stroke
TOOL ADVANCEMENT WITH CLIMB BORING
- the boring tool moves along the direction of the material
- the chip thickness starts at the maximum and decreases to zero
- the tool blades do not rub on the material, and so tool life may be longer
- recommended for the boring of hard thermoplastics
- boring obtained with a single or multiple strokes depending on the roughness of the surface to bore
GS Finishing Machines has developed customized units for the orbital boring that can machine the internal, external and frontal profiles of the articles to finish. Besides, GS Finishing Machines can create customized profiles: for example, frontal profiles can be created combining the internal profiles or the external profiles in a customized way.
The articles that we can bore can be produced by means of injection moulding, extrusion moulding, compression moulding, thermoforming, blow moulding, suction 2D/3D (2k) and rotational moulding.
Among the articles bored by the customized machines of GS Finishing Machines there are the following, listed as an example: engine clear-air pipes, engine dirty air pipes, ducts for the air-conditioning of the interior compartment, fuel filling pipes, tanks for liquids and many other components of the engine compartment and of the interior compartment.