Check of the geometrical and dimensional regularity of the moulded articles to machine.
A series of dimensional checks to test the repeatability of the machined articles.
The dimensional checks are carried out to check the geometrical and dimensional regularity of the article.
Such tests are often necessary to test the repeatability of the machined articles, especially in the automotive field.
Various types of dimensional checks belong to this category. The machineries of GS Finishing Machines can carry out the following ones:
- check of the distance between the components of the article
- dimensional/geometrical check of the machined articles by means of a reference gage
- check of the correct geometry and dimension of the holes present on the article by means of checking pins
- thickness test: measuring of the thickness of the walls of the ends of a pipe, along all the diameter
- test with fitting/non-fitting plug: the correct diameter of an article is checked by inserting into the end a plug with two different diameters (the first, smaller diameter must fit in; the second, bigger diameter must not fit in)
- dimensional check of the components to insert (for example gaskets) by means of vision system.